Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Testing...

Yup, we are alive.  What's new with the Akinas?

Lizzy is LOVING kindergarten.  I was able to help out in the classroom today and it was suck a kick.  Those kids are squirelly, funny, and gullible.  Recess reminded me of what I used to have nightmares about while pregnant.  A birthday party full of five year olds... Lizzy's party wasn't so bad.  I guess I was imagining a school playground instead.

Kate is almost 2 1/2 and knows all her letters (and has for awhile).  She is learning her colors, which proves me wrong.  I thought she was color blind because how can a kid know every letter, and not colors?  Anyway, she is disobedient, loving, and has more nicknames than I can probably remember... Kate-ter-tot, Hurrikate, Bruiser, Little Snickelfritz, Katers... She is crazy and I love her for every tantrum, whine, hug, and couch body slam that she can muster. 

I am determined to lose weight.  I'm putting it in writing, so it must really be official.  I'm tired of being tired and weak.  I'm attending Academy through the Well on Mondays, learn more about Academy here.  I really like it, it's only been a few weeks but I feel like it's a good fit.  Dave is attending with me.  We also roped in Ruth and Jason.  I still have my Tuesday morning group and we are going through a study in Revelation.  Friday morning I usually host a playgroup/life group at our house.  I think it will help me to put my pen to paper, so to speak, so I'll try to keep up with the blogging business.  And I may have watched Julie and Julia recently which reminded me that I do like writing.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Lizzy was born, I volunteered to do her 5th birthday! A room full of five year old girls...dreamy! I think it is so cool that your are doing academy. What an awesome learning experience! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is along time and happy you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete